Everything on AcadaFund.com must be a development project for a school
A project is something with a clear end, like building a New School Multi-Complex hall or Library, Football Field Renovation, Purchase of computer, installation of solar power etc. A project will eventually be completed, and something will be produced as a result. Every project on AcadaFund.com must fit into one of our categories, which are broadly Computer, Building, Power, Entertainment, Community Events and Sports.
Are those the only guidelines?
Those are the main two, but read on for specific uses of AcadaFund.com that are not allowed, and note that we reserve the right to request for me information to some specific projects involving technology and hardware. We don't curate projects based on taste. Instead, we do a quick check to make sure they meet these guidelines.
Creating projects is open to all students and schools only. Anyone else can create a project a long a student and school are involved.
- Any project that does not benefit a school and its surrounding community.
- Any item claiming to cure, treat, or prevent an illness or condition (whether via a device, app, book, nutritional supplement, or other means).
- Contests, coupons, gambling, raffles, and lifetime memberships.
- Energy food and drinks.
- Offensive material (e.g., hate speech, encouraging violence against others, etc).
- Offering a genetically modified organism as a reward.
- Offering alcohol as a reward.
- Offering financial, money-processing, or credit services; financial intermediaries or cash-equivalent instruments; travel services (e.g., vacation packages); phone services (e.g., prepaid phone services, 900 numbers); and business marketing services.
- Political fundraising.
- Pornographic material.
- Resale. All rewards must have been produced or designed by the project or one of its creators — no reselling things from elsewhere.
- Tobacco, drugs, and drug paraphernalia.
Weapons, replicas of weapons, and weapon accessories.
- If your project involves something illegal, heavily regulated, or potentially dangerous for backers and it is not on this list, please contact us before starting your project.
AcadaFund.com’s mission is to help bring a better education opportunity and environment to all schools. The guidelines are never perfect, but we care deeply about trying to get them right. We aim to be as open as possible while protecting the security and health of AcadaFund.com for the long term.